What is it?
Corrective exercises are the type of exercises that can help you strengthen and fix any irregularities in your body which may be causing pain. Many of these corrective exercises can actually be performed in the comfort of your own home to help improve the effectiveness of your chiropractic care and spinal correction plan.
In addition to skeletal misalignment, you may be experiencing pain that is caused by muscles and connective tissues which are out of their proper place. Other types of pain such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches are caused by muscles and tissues that are being used improperly, causing injuries over time. In each case, targeted corrective exercises stretches and foam rolling from experienced chiropractor will help you feel good while also helping your body achieve balance and health.
Who needs it?
Corrective exercises identify incorrect movement patterns and inhibited muscles, and are a proactive approach for anyone suffering from chronic pain, limited mobility, joint conditions, and decreased functional capacity or recovering from previous injury or surgical procedure. They are also useful for anyone who is healthy and is looking to improve their sport or life performance.
Corrective exercises can be considered as preparations for the individual to enter into more traditional forms of exercise.
Engaging in the same type of exercise over and over again leads to muscle imbalances because not every exercise targets every muscle. This can lead to pain and bad movement performance.
So whether you are experiencing pain or injury, or you are engaged in fitness or bodybuilding, these exercises should be incorporated into your training program.
How Does It Help With Your Chiropractic And Acupuncture Care?
Chiropractic care includes numerous different treatment options constructed to help patients get the best possible results. In addition to these options and the stress relieving acupuncture techniques, the corrective exercises can help the body to heal more quickly and more thoroughly. And because of this, they are an important part of the healing process.
The conjunction of chiropractic care and corrective exercises is very effective and is helping the body to get stronger, improve flexibility and decreases the risk of similar injuries in the future. There are numerous studies to support this. According to them, patients engagement through active care can help empower them, increase confidence in their own capacity, and improve pain and function.
Your chiropractor is the right person to teach you exercises that meet your needs and goals.
Corrective Exercise Benefits
Poor posture and movement imbalances can cause excess wear and tear on the body, which leads to unnecessary injuries and chronic pain in the joints and muscles.
Not only corrective exercises are effective, but they are very practical too. Here are a few great things about corrective exercises:
- You can do it anywhere – Once you learn the moves, you can perform them when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Helps with pain reduction – Although the results may not be permanent, they can be immediate and reproduced by doing them daily.
- They are quick, easy and efficient – When performed on a regular basis and combined with proper chiropractic care and acupuncture, corrective exercises can provide relief for certain types of pain, such as sciatica, joint, and neck pain.
- Helps prevent future injuries – It is concluded that corrective exercises not only improve the outcome of the injury but also minimize recurrence.
- Increase self-reliance – Corrective exercises can help you play an active role in your care and improve your ability to perform daily life activities.
- Decrease fear-avoidance – Corrective exercises reduce the avoidance behavior caused by fear, and that leads to increased confidence, and ultimately improves your recovery.
- Long-term benefit – A study shows that spinal manipulation and/or mobilization plus exercise provides a long-term benefit for pain relief and functional improvement.
As mentioned above, corrective exercises can decrease pain, enhances performance, reduce stress, decrease susceptibility to other injuries, improve posture and daily living.
There are many benefits of corrective exercise, including;
- Improved static and dynamic posture
- Decreased pain
- Decreased risk of injury
- Improve strength and flexibility
- Enhance performance, both functional and athletic
- Improve daily living activities
- Increased mobility, movement quality, and efficiency
- Help in detecting physical weaknesses and imbalances
- Reduce stress
- Give an overall sense of well being.
At our San Francisco Chiropractic & Acupuncture, we teach our patients how to perform special “blueprint” corrective exercises which can help strengthen and fix any irregularities in their body which may be causing pain. Many of these corrective exercises can actually be performed in the comfort of your own home to help improve the effectiveness of your chiropractic care and spinal correction plan. In addition to skeletal misalignment, you may be experiencing pain that is caused by muscles and connective tissues which are out of their proper place. Other types of pain such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches are caused by muscles and tissues that are being used improperly, causing injuries over time. In each case, targeted corrective exercises, stretches and foam rolling from our experienced chiropractor will help you feel good while also helping your body achieve balance and health.